We are committed to protecting your privacy online. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us to be distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have over it.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information (such as your name, email address, gender, date of birth, photographs, postal address and telephone number) that you provide us, including if you register as a user of the Happy Family, upload or submit any material via the Happy Family or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- if you decide to register through or otherwise grant access to us via a third-party social networking site such as Facebook Connect or Google, we may also collect personal information that is already associated with such site;
- the content of any communications you send to us, for example, to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Happy Family or its content;
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Happy Family, if you choose to participate in them;
- geographical location so that we can provide you with information about the services provided by businesses near to your location; and
- other information from your use of the Happy Family including the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer or mobile device on the Internet) and your operating system, which are automatically recognised by our web server.
Uses made of your information
We may use your personal information to:
- provide you with the services and information offered through the Happy Family and which you request;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- administer your account with us;
- audit the downloading of data from the Happy Family;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Happy Family and customise them for users;
- inform you of changes to the Happy Family;
- carry out research on our users’ demographics and tracking of sales data; and
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services or those of carefully selected third parties, provided you have consented to being contacted for these purposes.
Subject to receiving your consent, we may also use your personal information to notify you of new products or services and special offers we think you may be interested in, and share your personal information with carefully selected third parties so they can send you information directly which you may find useful regarding their products and services although, such third parties may have their own privacy policies and we are not responsible for how those third parties use your personal information. However, you will only receive these communications where you consented to receive such communications either at the point of registration or at any point after. You can unsubscribe from such communications at any time via the unsubscribe link that you will find at the bottom of every marketing email we send or by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Happy Family, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, service providers, or to our agents or sub-contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Happy Family, processing transactions, booking appointments for the services, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your personal information to the extent necessary to perform their functions and will be required by us to implement measures to protect your personal information.
In the event that we undergo a reorganisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that reorganised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime or to protect the Happy Family or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
- remember that you have visited us before;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Happy Family;
- collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Happy Family including how long you spend on the Happy Family and where you have come to the Happy Family from, so that we can improve the Happy Family and learn which parts of the Happy Family are most popular with users; and
- gather information about the pages on the Happy Family you use, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in a “market segment”. This information is then used to place interest-based advertisements on the Happy Family which it is believed will be relevant to your market segment. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.co.uk.
Some of the cookies used by the Happy Family are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser settings to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Happy Family, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Happy Family.
In addition to cookies, tracking Gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Happy Family. Tracking Gifs are small image files within the content of the Happy Family or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand parts of the Happy Family are used and whether particular content is of interest.
The information you contribute through the Happy Family is public, including any reviews, photos and comments. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and consider carefully before disclosing your personal information.
Security and storage of your personal information
We place great importance on the security of our users’ personal information. We have security measures in place to help us protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Happy Family whilst it is in transit over the Internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
We will only store your personal information for as long as we legitimately need it or for as long as required by law.
Transfers out of the EEA
You have a right under EU data protection laws to access your personal information. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information subject to a fee not exceeding £10. You also have a right to correct any errors or inaccuracies in that personal information and in certain circumstances you have a right to object to the processing of your personal information (for example, for direct marketing purposes). If you wish to exercise any of these rights you should send an email to email@example.com.